Restorative Dentists for Children
Seeking restorative dental care for children in Gainesville, GA? The pediatric dentists of Hawkins Family Dental strive to offer a comfortable and enjoyable experience for our young patients, regardless of their needs. Our team of dentists offer a high-level of experience with children.
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment for a pediatric dental care exam or service, contact us to schedule an appointment or feel free to call (770)-536-1229.
Your Local Source for Pediatric Restorative Dentistry in Gainesville
At Hawkins Family Dental, we believe parents and guardians can contribute to the success of these procedures and invite you to participate. We encourage your to read the following information to learn about the procedures of restorative dental services for children and how you can help.
Fast Facts About Pediatric Restorative Dentistry Procedures for Children
- Your child is receiving restorative dental treatment to bring his or her teeth back to good health.
- These procedures are done while your child is awake.
- In most cases of restorative dentistry for children, your child most likely will be given a local anesthetic (numbing medicine).
- Each procedure takes about 30 to 45 minutes. It will take longer if your child requires several procedures, or if sedation is required.
- Your child may go home afterward with a few restrictions or guidelines.
- Your child should see their Gainesville, GA dentist every 6 months for teeth cleanings.
What Is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is the prevention and treatment of diseases of the teeth in order to restore or bring them back to their best health. Restorative dentistry also includes the repair or replacement of damaged or defective teeth. Procedures that can be considered restorative dentistry include:
- pulpotomy, or treatment of the nerve
- silver stainless steel crowns
- silver or white fillings in a tooth or teeth
- extractions (removing teeth)
- space maintainers