Porcelain veneers are a great option for patients who want a cosmetic upgrade to their smile, but don’t want to go through with a more complicated procedure like dental implants. Veneers are porcelain shells that sit on top of your existing teeth and can be used to adjust discoloration or to alter misshapen or crooked teeth.
A thin layer enamel is removed to help create a more natural appearance of your veneers and prevent lip protrusion caused by veneers that stick out too far past your gum line. Once that layer of enamel is removed, impressions are taken of your teeth and custom veneers are made to fit your teeth. The veneers are then bonded to your teeth using a resin and curing light.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
It’s always important to talk to your dentist about what you want from your cosmetic dental upgrade. They’re the only ones who can truly tell you what will be right for you. They’ll take into consideration your current tooth defects and your goals for improvement. Here are some situations where porcelain veneers may be the right choice for you:
- You have severely stained teeth that can’t be repaired with professional tooth whitening.
- You have slightly crooked or misaligned teeth. Major misalignments should be treated with braces or invisalign for best dental health, but more subtle issues are easily corrected with porcelain veneers.
- You are in good dental health. Since a layer of enamel is removed, the ideal dental veneer patient is already in good dental health with strong teeth that aren’t brittle or decaying.
Cost of Porcelain Veneers
If you’ve gotten this far and still feel like veneers are the right choice for you, it’s good to know that there are a number of factors that play into how much porcelain veneers cost:
- Location. The cost of porcelain veneers varies widely depending on region and whether you are in a metropolitan area or small town.
- The number of teeth being treated.
- Your particular dentist. Each dentist will have different price ranges and it’s a good idea to get quotes from multiple dentists. The cheapest option may not be the best choice for the health of your smile.
Given the many variances above, it’s difficult to put an exact price on porcelain veneers. Veneers cost anywhere from $375 to $18,000 according to data from RealSelf, but the average is $6,800. A single veneer can cost anywhere from $500 to $3,000 depending on your geographic location.
Porcelain Veneers in Gainesville, GA
At Hawkins Family Dental, we always do our best to provide you with the most information we can so you can make the best decision for your smile. With cosmetic dentists who have been practicing for more than 30 years, you can trust that we’ll do everything we can to make sure you and your teeth are taken care of. If you are interested in finding out more about how much porcelain veneers will cost for you, don’t hesitate to call our team at Hawkins Family Dental.Leave a reply →