Quality Preventive Dental Care for All Ages
At Hawkins Family Dental, our Gainesville preventive dentists are committed to educating our patients on healthy dental care. We also provide comprehensive preventive dentistry services for all ages.
We take the time to understand your unique needs for preventive dentistry. Our Gainesville dentists are strong advocates of educating each and every client about how they best take care of their oral health. Our staff takes the time to work with you individually and help you keep your teeth in exceptional shape
Your Source for Preventive Dental Care in Gainesville, GA
Preventive dental care is important throughout your life, no matter what your age. By practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist, you can help keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come.
At Hawkins Family Dental, we take systems approach to providing preventive dentistry in Gainseville, GA. In addition to our dentistry services, here are a few simple ways you can prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Also be sure to brush the top surface of your tongue; this will remove any extra plaque-causing food particles, and help keep your breath fresh!
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day. You can also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-causing bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can’t reach. Floss and mouthwash will help remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line. Flossing Instructions
- Eat a balanced diet, and try to avoid extra-sugary treats. Nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese or fruit can help keep your smile healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular checkups with our dentists every six months for a professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask your dentist about dental sealants, a protective plastic coating that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts.
- If you play sports, be sure to ask your dentist about special mouthguards designed to protect your smile.
If it’s been six months since your last dental checkup or preventive dentist appointment, then it’s time to contact our Gainesville dentistry team and schedule your next appointment!
Locally-Trusted for Preventive Dentistry in Gainesville
At Hawkins Family Dental, we are locally-trusted and recognized for preventive dentistry in Gainesville, GA. Not only do we provide standard preventive dental care, but our dentists take the time to educate clients about ways they can ward-off plaque, gum diseases, and other oral health issues.
For more information about preventive dentistry, contact our dental office at (770) 536-1229 or contact us online.